Wednesday, March 2, 2016

AN ENCOUNTER WITH LIFE

I was on my way home from work. I had a fight with my fiance, Marshall over the phone. My relationship was falling apart. As I was walking down the road, something came up in my mind. I went to the top of my office building and jumped off. The sun was shining bright up in the sky, but everything seemed dark and gloomy. It was a hot summer afternoon but it felt cold. I felt a twitch in my stomach. This is what I imagine death to be like.  I died. It was a painless death. The doctors tried their best to save me, but all went in vain. My body was so utterly shattered that I was better off dead.
And that's when I met someone.
"What happened?"I asked. "Where am I?"
"You died," he said.
"I remember falling down.. really down.. It was a never ending pit."
"That is true" he said.
I looked around. There was solitary. "What is this place?" I asked. "Is this what happens in the afterlife?"
"Yes," he said.
"Are you god?" I asked.
"Yes, I'm God", he replied.
"My family... my fiance, what about them? Will they be alright?"
"You just died and your main concern is your loved ones. I am impressed", he said.
"Do you honestly believe that your they can be perfectly alright without you? They love you unconditionally. Your fiance will be devastated. To be fair, your relationship was falling apart and you know it was your ego that ruined it. But he managed to love you anyway.
He looked in my eye. "The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature, not to end your life when things don’t go your way. But since you ended your life now it's time for you to move on to your next life."
And he sent me on my way. As it happened started to regret my decision. How could I give up on my relationship like that? I missed him as I was dragged to a place far away. I felt helpless. Tears rolled down my eyes. I longed for Marshall. But I knew I couldn’t return. Feeling utterly guilty I closed my eyes in despair. Suddenly I heard a faint voice. It was Marshall’s. My family was calling me. I knew my relationship was falling apart, but suddenly I felt affection for my fiance gushing through me. Our life used to be mechanical, devoid of love. But all that began to fade away. I started to remember all his good qualities which made me fall in love with him and my ego which tore us apart. I suddenly felt sorry for every mistake I had ever done. The thought of losing my family filled tears in my eyes. But it was all over, till I realized that someone was holding me. The touch felt familiar. It was him.
“Honey, it’s 11’o clock in the morning, wake up. Is everything okay? Why are you crying?” Marshall asked.
“I love you Marshall. I never stopped loving you,” I exclaimed and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back intensely. This was a nostalgic moment, our unbreakable bond just like the old times.
“I love you too, dear. And I am not going away from you. It was just a rough patch in our life and it has passed. I am here for you, always and forever. You just had a bad dream”, he said and smiled at me, a smile to die for.

It took merely a single dream to make me realize how short life is and the importance of loved ones. That was the day I vowed to live my life with utter positivism and fill other’s lives with love and joy.

30 comments:

WillowTheWisp said...

Looooooove this!

Blogs by FA said...

Beautifully written. Life brings ups and downs all the time, every single day! It's not so easy to cope up because sometimes we do loose patience although it's always good to patient.

Unknown said...

thnxx for reading :)

Unknown said...

thnkuu so much.. :)

Unknown said...

Wow this is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

thnkuu :)

Unknown said...

thnkuu :)

Khaliah said...

amazing, thanks for sharing

Khaliah said...

amazing, thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

I like the hidden message from this story. It's written beautifully.

Unknown said...

awesome .. great story

Unknown said...

Thnkuu 😊

Unknown said...

thnku 😊

kittynecessity said...

Your work just never fails to amaze me! I was very struck deeply by this as there was a time I went through severe depression, to the point of wanting to end my life. When the person in the story regretting jumping off that building, after thinking about how she won't see her loved ones anymore, I just wanted to cry haha. Great post as always. Very touching.

Pospi Otuson said...

this is really interesting, thank 4 this

pavani said...

wooow, its amazing to read :) love is beautiful

https://spinalcordyoga.wordpress.com/

TheGracefulMist said...

This reminds me of Paulo Coelho`s short stories. Great lesson behind the story. We shouldn`t take for granted the things God blessed us. We just need to focus more on the blessings instead of problems.

With Love, Grace ❀
www.TheGracefulMist.com

Unknown said...

What a well written piece. It also reminds us of just how important relationships are especially our relationship with Jesus.

Nick B said...

Wow, very powerful. Just another reminder never to take life for granted and cherish every moment, even the bad ones. Thanks for sharing.

Jasmine Hewitt said...

Very well written ❤

Pospi Otuson said...

oh. Realy interesting, its indeed an encounter with life. I sincere love this... You made my night

FIdel said...

This is sooo touching and inspirational.

Lexhansplace said...

Awesome post this is, living life for ourselves and loved one is always good and knowing we should be happy and good makes it better.

FS Page said...

Lovely story. Suicide is not an end to all the problems. The after-life guilt will kill you after you suicide. Thanks for sharing.

FS Page said...

Lovely story. Suicide is not an end to all the problems. The after-life guilt will kill you after you suicide. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love the happy ending! Your love story are always fill with some moral lesson

Unknown said...

I love the happy ending! Your love story are always fill with some moral lesson

jivita said...

Very touchy story, Veethee. The moment we realise the importance of our family in our lives, we live every single moment for them.

Catherine Heigle said...

We’re all human and tend to behave badly sometimes. Learn to think before you speak to your partner, then say what you need to say without the nasty edge. Always lead with love first.

Garry Mattoc said...

Such nice and inspiring story! "How could I give up on my relationship like that?" I asked my self million times.

Post a Comment